Friday, January 22, 2016

Galaxies

For all those legends we have lost this month.





"I'd love to party but my hero just died!"

"Which one?"

"It's too soon. Why are you asking? You know what it's going to do to me."

"How would I know?"

"You know how people react when someone important to them dies."

"Dude, everyone lost someone like that this month. Come on, getting out will do you good."

"I'm not ready yet. I'm going to stay home and mope."

"You didn't even really know them."

"Do you really think that's important right now?"

"It's important to me. Wouldn't your hero want you to go out and live your life? Wouldn't you honor them more by celebrating than mourning?"

"Maybe, probably, but death isn't about the one who's gone. It's about the living. Everyone knows that."

"Okay, now you have to tell me which one it was."

"Leave it alone."

"Will you tell me if I guess?"

"This isn't a time for children's games."

"Don't you think your hero would want you to party? I mean, he liked to party right?"

"I guess so. Depends on what you mean by party."

"Well, he was about challenging the status quo."

"In their own way they were."

"So, sitting at home and moping is what normal people do. He would want you to live a life less boring. Do the unusual, get out there. Come with me and honor him."

"They might agree, but doing what you want is conformist as well."

"So I'm close."

"Why do you think I even know what you're talking about? You are making a lot of assumptions."

"Well... there's going to be a band there. This hero supported artists right?"

"Artists normally do."

"You know how I mean, like really advocated for them."

"I just want to be left alone. Again, artists normally do."

"Yes, but this artist, this hero, he supported artists, always?"

"I'm not even sure I know what you're talking about. Heroes support other artists forever."

"But yours really soared."

"Now you're just stretching and still trying to get me to say something I don't want to. Leave me alone with my grief."

"You're an idiot."

"And you're an asshole. Go to your damn party."

"Fine! I'll leave you alone to wallow in your misery!"

"That's what I've been asking for."

"Bill... don't do anything stupid okay? Call me if you need to talk."


"Why can't he leave it alone? He missed a couple, and he missed the point. Why does everyone think a hero wears just one face?"






#shortstory #author #Awethors #tribute #writer #writing

No comments:

Post a Comment